Monday, January 3, 2011

On being resolute... again

On January 1, 2011 I vowed to start writing again. This vow was a part of my overall New Year’s Resolution – to seek personal enrichment. I want a rich life – a life rich with positive experiences, happiness, and personal satisfaction.

Writing more frequently will play an important part in seeing personal enrichment, I think. I used to love writing, but after I graduated from college I fell out of the habit, to the point where I’ve lost both my touch and my words. The vocabulary will come back, but will the voice?

I’ll start small. I’ve got my personal journal for personal reflections, I’ve got my anonymous blogs for private yet public musings, and I’ve got this blog for charting my every-day affairs. I think I’ll aim for weekly posts, for two reasons: I need to establish a regular routine and I need to remember everything that happens.

“Everything” might be a bit broad, but the fact of the matter is that I’m slipping. My memory used to be quite excellent, but these days it’s become a bit faulty. Jessica and I went over our 2010 calendars last night, and there were events written down that I just plain could not remember. And I didn’t write down any of the particulars in my journal, either. This simply won’t do.

So that’s a starting place – describing my weekly adventures, or lack thereof. And who knows what will unfold with the new year?

No comments: