Monday, November 17, 2008

Someone to save you

Jess tagged me, so why not?

1. Put your MP3s on shuffle.
2. For each question, press the next button to get your answer.
3. YOU MUST WRITE THAT SONG NAME DOWN NO MATTER HOW SILLY IT SOUNDS!
4. Tag 10 friends who might enjoy doing the same as well as the person you got the note from.

---
[] means a snippet of the lyrics
() means my response to the question and the song
---
I love this meme (I've done it before) 'cause it's a chance for me to hear songs that I forgot I had, or never included in any of my main playlists.
---

1. IF SOMEONE SAYS "IS THIS OKAY" YOU SAY?
"Cowboy Take Me Away" by Dixie Chicks
[I wanna touch the earth, I wanna break it in my hands. I wanna grow something wild and unruly]
("Is this okay?" Is what okay? This question makes no sense, but I suppose the song means that, if some cowboy wants to whisk me away from here, I'd be okay with that. Hmm. Definitely going line-dancing more - gotta get me a cowboy!)

2. WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
"Cater 2 U" by Destiny's Child
[Let me cater 2 u 'cause baby this is your day. Do anything for my man - baby you blow me away.]
(Funny. I kind of used to really dislike this song. First off - cater "2 u"? Yeck. Second - the concept of catering to some guy really pissed off the feminist in me. After listening to it again, for the first time in a while, the idea of loving someone so much that I'd be willing to do anything for them doesn't sound so unrealistic. Kelly's verse, though, I still hate. "I'm here to serve you"? Yeck.

3. WHAT DO YOU LIKE IN A GUY/GIRL?
"I've got you under my skin" by Frank Sinatra
[I tried so, not to give in. I said to myself, "this affair never will go so well." But why should I try to resist when, baby I know so well, I've got you under my skin?]
(So... I like people who are practically a part of me. Someone I tried not to give in to, but who managed to get in anyway. Huh - that sounds like it'd be about right.)

4. HOW DO YOU FEEL TODAY?
"It's not over" by Daughtry
[I tried to see the good in life but good things in life are hard to find]
(I suppose this means I'm kind of depressed, but I'm determined to "do things right this time around." Life might be a bitch, but it isn't over until I say it is? Fitting, actually.)

5. WHAT IS YOUR LIFE'S PURPOSE?
"Unforgettable" by Nat king Cole
[Unforgettable, that's what you are. Unforgettable, only afar. Like a song of love that clings to me, how the thought of you does things to me.]
(Heh. I did used to want to be famous; now I'm just interested in making my mark on this world, for the good. And the idea of people caring enough about me to make me unforgettable is a nice thought as well.)

6. WHAT IS YOUR MOTTO?
"Snakes and Ladders" by Joss Stone
[In the game of love, it takes all you got just to keep moving up - and don't you want to reach the top?]
(Hm. Love works both ways, I guess. You can't play games with people you care about. Huh - that's not bad at all.)

7. WHAT DO YOUR FRIENDS THINK OF YOU?
"Mary Jane" by Rick James
[I'm in love with Mary Jane, she's my main thing! She makes me feel alright, she makes my heart sing!]
(Apparently, they're all in love with me! "She's not the kind of girl you can just tie down" - ha, so true.)

8. WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT VERY OFTEN?
"The Boy's Gone" by Jason Mraz
[Be so happy with the way you are, just be happy that you made it this far. Oh be happy now, please be happy now.]
(Enjoy what you have while you have it, because it won't last forever. Sounds kind of like another motto.)

9. WHAT IS 2+2?
"It Take Two" by Zac Efron (from"Hairspray")
[That I'm your man and you're my girl, that I'm the sea and you're the pearl. It takes two, baby, it takes two.]
(Ha! How appropriate.)

10. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR BEST FRIEND?
"Black or White" by Michael Jackson
[If you're thinking about my baby, it don't matter if you're black or white]
(It doesn't matter if you're black or white!)

11. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THE PERSON YOU LIKE?
"Gettin' Jiggy Wit It" by Will Smith
[On your mark, ready, set, let's go! Dance floor pro, I know you know.]
(This works, since I don't actually like anyone at the moment. I'm just interested in gettin' jiggy, not getting with anyone.)

12. WHAT IS YOUR LIFE STORY?
"Open Arms" by Mariah Carey
[But now that you've come back, turned night into day, I need you to stay.]
(I have a habit of welcoming people into my life with open arms? Even if I let them go at one point?)

13. WHAT DO YOU WANT TO BE WHEN YOU GROW UP?
"We Belong Together" by Mariah Carey
[I only think of you and it's breaking my heart. I try to keep it together but I'm falling apart.]
(That wasn't random at all. Either that, or I have a lot of Mariah Carey. Anyway, apparently I want to be depressed because I broke up with someone and regretted it. Fuck. No.)

14. WHAT DO YOU THINK WHEN YOU SEE THE PERSON YOU LIKE?
"These Days" by Rascal Flatts
[I wake up and teardrops, they fall down like rain. I put on that old song we danced to and then I head off to my job, guess not much has changed. I punch the clock, head for home, check the phone just in case. Go to bed, dream of you - that's what I'm doing these days.]
(Oh, I love this song. Anyway, I think that the person has moved on, or has never liked me like I liked him. I can't move on, however, because I'm still stuck on him. Yeah, like I would ever do that. >>;)

15. WHAT DO YOUR PARENTS THINK OF YOU?
"Rockferry" by Duffy
[I leave my shadow to fall behind. I wouldn't write to you, 'cause I'm not that kind.]
(I'm off to do my own thing, leaving my parents behind. Unless, of course, this song is actually about suicide. Hopefully they don't think I'm suicidal.)

16. WHAT WILL YOU DANCE TO AT YOUR WEDDING?
"The Sweet Escape" by Gwen Stefani
[You melt me down, I'm at my lowest boiling point. Come help me out, I need to get me out of this joint. Come on let's bounce, I'm counting on you to turn me around. Instead of clowning around, let's find some common ground.]
(This guy and I treated each other like crap at times, but we loved each other enough to work it out and get married. Hmm.)

17. WHAT WILL THEY PLAY AT YOUR FUNERAL?
"Salt Shaker" by Ying Yang Twins
[Roll that ass round and round like a motherfuckin' wheel. Shake that shit, this ain't no motherfuckin' drill.]
(Um. People will be so glad I've died that they'll have a dance party at my funeral? Or, I loved dancing so much - and dirty rap songs - that they played this in homage to how well I shook it. Yeah, I like that second one better.
I kind of wanted to post the entire song. :D)

18. WHAT IS YOUR HOBBY/INTEREST?
"Why (Are We Still Friends?)" by 98 degrees
[We do almost everything that lovers do, and that's why it's hard just to be friends with you. Every time your heart is broken by the fool, I want you to know that it hurts me too.]
(I... like spending time wondering why I'm just friends with someone when really, we should be dating? Um, no.)

19. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR FRIENDS?
"Roxanne" by the Police
[Roxanne, you don't have to put on the red light. Those days are over. You don't have to sell your body to the night.]
(They're whores, and I'm saving them from the night. LMAO.)

20. WHAT'S THE WORST THING THAT COULD HAPPEN?
"Way Back Into Love" by Hugh Grant and Haley Bennett (from "Music and Lyrics")
[I've been looking for someone to shed some light, not somebody just to get me through the night. I could use some direction, and I'm open to your suggestions.]
(Um. Being alone is the worst thing that could happen? What about drowning in SPIDERS?)

21. HOW WILL YOU DIE?
"Baby It's You" by JoJo
[It don't matter that your car is fly, and your rims are spinning on the side. It don't matter where we go tonight 'cause if I'm with you it'll be alright.]
(Um. Some guy tried too hard to impress me and accidentally killed me. XP Keep It Simple, Stupid!)

22.WHAT IS THE ONE THING YOU REGRET?
"What You Waiting For?" by Gwen Stefani
[Take a chance 'cause you might grow.]
(I didn't seize the moment when I had the chance. Fairly accurate, actually.)

23. WHAT MAKES YOU LAUGH?
"Too Little, Too Late" by JoJo
[Go and find someone else. I'm letting you go, I'm loving myself. You got a problem, but don't come asking me for help.]
(Jeez. I have enough artists that they shouldn't be repeating like this. Anyway, some guy breaking my heart, then coming back and trying to re-win it, will make me laugh. Yes, I suppose it would. In a sad, sardonic way.)

24. WHAT MAKES YOU CRY?
"Bootylicious" by Destiny's Child
[I don't think you ready for this jelly, my body too bootylicious for you babe.]
(Again, with the repeating. Anyway, not being bootylicious makes me cry. Yes, yes it does. This song should be switched with the one above :P)

25. WILL YOU EVER GET MARRIED?
"Stand Beside Me" by JoDee Messina
[I may not be so lucky in love, but the one thing I'm sure of, I want a man to stand beside me, not in front of or behind me. Give me two arms that want to hold me, not own me, and I'll give all the love in my heart. Stand beside me, be true and don't tell lies to me. I'm not looking for a fantasy. I want a man who stands beside me.]
(Yes, I will, once I find someone who will stand beside me and be my equal.)

26. WHAT SCARES YOU THE MOST?
"Not That Kinda Girl" by JoJo
[There can't be any us, if there can't be any trust. Nothin' to discuss, no doubt. I'm not that kinda girl to let you play me out.]
(I swear, I have FOUR JoJo songs. If the fourth comes up, I'll laugh. Anyway, I'm afraid of becoming a superficial and shallow bitch. I'm not the kind of girl to be owned, or to be played. Appropriate, since I loathe those girls and those guys the most.)

27. DOES ANYONE LIKE YOU?
"Dirty Man" by Joss Stone
[You're a dirty, dirty man, and you been hiding your dirt all over this here place. Here's my chance baby, to through some mud in your face.]
(K, I do have a lot of Joss Stone. That makes more sense. Anyway, men who cheat on their girlfriends don't like me. Good, 'cause I don't like them.)

28. IF YOU COULD GO BACK IN TIME, WHAT WOULD YOU CHANGE?
"Times Like These" by Foo Fighters
[It's times like these you learn to live again. It's times like these you give and give again.]
(Heh. No regrets, just lessons learned.)

29. WHAT HURTS RIGHT NOW?
"Come Home" by OneRepublic
[There's someone I've been missing, I think that they could be the better half of me.]
(Waiting for the one I've been missing hurts. Apparently.)

30. WHAT WILL YOU POST THIS AS?
"Someone to Save You" by OneRepublic
(Again. Not. Random!)
---
Didn't tag anyone. Do it if you want, just link back to me if you do!

No comments: