Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New Year's Meme

Again, the end-of-the-year meme I fill out at the end of the year. I do this more for me than for you, so if you don't feel like reading it, don't.

1) Was 2008 a good year for you?
Yes and no. The end of the year was pretty much shit, but the rest of it seemed to go off without a hitch.

2) What was your favorite moment of the year?
Graduating, I think, and being honored in front of my fellow graduates and friends and family. I finally felt acknowledged, and while I don't need recognition, the feeling I get from it is rather pleasant.

3) What was your least favorite moment of the year?
Thanksgiving, and all the hell that followed.

4) Where were you when 2008 began?
Home.

5) Who were you with?
Family.

6) Where will you be when 2008 ends?
Currently at home

7) Who will you be with when 2008 ends?
Currently with family.

8) Did you keep your new year’s resolution of 2008?
I didn't apply to grad school, and my financial situation is still crap, but the rest of my life this year worked out fairly well. Only one trip to the ER this year, and only one car accident. This was a triumph.

9) Do you have a new year’s resolution for 2009?
Yep. Lose weight and eat healthily for the sake of my health, not for my looks. Do as much for my finances as possible. Take better care of myself, in other words.

10) Did you fall in love in 2008?
No, thank goodness.

11) Did you breakup with anyone in 2008?
No.

12) Did you make any new friends in 2008?
Yes.

13) Who are your favorite new friends?
Again, I don’t choose favorites.

14) What was your favorite month of 2008?
June, I guess. I graduated - I'd call that important.

15) Did you travel outside of the US in 2008?
No.

15) How many different states did you travel to?
Nevada, Washington.

16) Did you lose anyone close to you?
Burned some useless bridges, cleaned out my closet.

17) Did you miss anybody in the past year?
Not particularly. I think I've recovered from all the injuries of the previous year, and spent 2008 enjoying the freedom that came with.

18) What was your favorite movie that you saw in 2008?
"The Dark Knight" tops the list, but I saw a lot of other great films as well.

19) What was your favorite song from 2008?
I don't do favorites.

20) What was your favorite album from 2008?
Same thing.

21) How many concerts did you see in 2008?
One – Sungod 2008, featuring Coheed & Cambria. Definitely didn't pay attention.

22) Did you have a favorite concert in 2008?
Nope. The musical line-up this year pretty much bored me.

23) Did you drink a lot of alcohol?
Nope.

24) Did you do a lot of drugs in 2008?
A slew of antibiotics (for acne), Accutane (for acne), birth control (for Accutane and for huge new breasts), the occasional painkiller.

25) How many people did you sleep with in 2008?
484654974151561.

26) Did you do anything you are ashamed of this year?
Not that I can think of.

27) What was the worst lie someone told you in 2008?
I don't know of any, so people either didn't lie to me, or I just haven't found out.

28) Did you treat somebody badly?
I don't think so.

29) Did somebody treat you badly in 2008?
People are incredibly good at hurting one another. I’ll repeat myself this year – a truism that still holds from 2005 – that’s life.
And it's still true in 2008.

30) How much money did you spend in 2008?
A lot on necessities, like rent and food. A lot on things I simply wanted, like clothes and makeup.

31) What was your proudest moment of 2008?
I graduated. I achieved a certain degree of closure. I came to an understanding with my mom and the life she's led.

32) What was your most embarrassing moment of 2008?
See, “embarrassing’ moments are all now just either too inconsequential to remember or just so damn funny that they’re no longer embarrassing, that I can’t actually place any particular moment.
Still holds true in 2008.

33) If you could go back in time to any moment of 2008 and change something, what would it be?
I wouldn’t. I always ask the Eternal Sunshine question – who would you erase, if you had the opportunity? And my answer is always the same – no one.
No regrets, just lessons learned.
Still true in 2008.

34) What are your plans for 2009?
Get a job; apply to grad school; take CC classes.

No comments: