Thursday, February 12, 2009

Isn't it ironic?

Taylor and I were chatting about deal-breakers during dinner earlier tonight, and we discovered that we have plenty in common.

Later in the evening, I remembered another one: social ineptitude.

I was reminded of this when I could come up with no good reason for a text message I'd received earlier in the day; Taylor kindly reminded me that guys have a tendency to be stupid. While I agreed, I didn't think that it was the reasoning behind this message.

I was at my friends' house, watching "Grey's Anatomy" and discussing relationships (which inevitably happens while watching "Grey's"), when I mentioned the text. My friend turned and looked at me and said, "He's a social idiot! There's nothing you can do about that."

Lightbulb.

I can't take social idiocy, nor do I have the patience to try and fix it - if they're even willing to consider their ineptitude an issue. Most won't.

So there it is - I knew something had to be wrong with him. He's interested in me, after all, and I seem to attract social idiots by the swarms.

I'll still talk to him, I'll still hang out with him, but as far as I'm concerned, there is no dating potential there whatsoever.

Probably a good thing I'd still rather be single.

No comments: